The Tennessee Space Grant Consortium is comprised of eleven colleges and universities around the state of Tennessee, as well as three not-for-profit organizations. We are part of the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, supported by NASA and all member and affiliate institutions. Our mission from the beginning, thirteen years ago, has been to promote space and science education on all levels throughout Tennessee.
We share the following National Objectives with the 51 Other Space Grant Consortia:
- Establish and maintain a national network of universities with interests and capabilities in aeronautics, space and related fields;
- Encourage cooperative programs among universities, aerospace industry, and Federal, state and local governments;
- Encourage interdisciplinary training, research and public service programs related to aerospace;
- Recruit and train U.S. citizens, especially women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities, for careers in aerospace science and technology; and,
- Promote a strong science, mathematics, and technology education base from elementary through secondary levels.